215 E Gladys Avenue
Hermiston, OR 97838-1827
Phone (541) 667-5025
Fax (541) 567-6731
The Building Department serves all residents within the city limits, and is a full-service Building Department. It provides staff for the administration of the various construction and safety codes adopted by the City, including the Uniform Building Code, One and Two Family Dwelling Code, Mechanical Code, Housing Code and Dangerous Building Code. All building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits are also issued through this office.
The Building Department inspects projects involving new construction, additions, alterations/ remodels, demolitions of all types of buildings, placement of manufactured homes, zoning ordinances and all applicable city ordinances.
The Building Department also has information which is updated monthly to check the status of any contractor licensed in Oregon. We encourage residents to take advantage of this service. We also have a list of licensed area contractors available in our office. You can also verify a contractor's status by calling the Oregon Construction Contractor's Board at (503) 378-4621 or on their website at www.ccb.state.or.us.
Any inquiries may be addressed by calling the Building Department at (541) 667-5025 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Chuck Woolsey||Building Official|
|Tom Jacobsen||Electrical Inspector|
|Heidi Wilson||Permit Technician|
- Customer Service Request - This link will allow you to communicate with us if you have questions or concerns about issues that are related to this department.
- Quick Permits - We are now part of Quick Permits! Apply and pay for permits online. Go to www.buildingpermits.oregon.gov to purchase electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits. At this time only Licenced contractors can apply for permits using this system.
- Title XV - Land Use Ordinances
- Non-Residential Energy Code Booklet
- DEQ NPDES 1200-C Storm Water Application & LUCS Form
- Permit to Utilize City Right-of-Way
- Restricted Energy Electrical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Electrical Permit
- Mechanical Permit
- Building Permit