Who do I contact if I'm having problems with my landlord/tenant? Can the city help?

¿A quién contacto si tengo problemas con mi propietario/inquilino? ¿Me puede ayudar la ciudad?

Answer: If this is a typical landlord/tenant problem, you may want to contact an attorney or legal aid.  If it is a safety or health issue you should contact the city building inspector. You can always contact the Hermiston Police and give a brief rundown as to what the problem is, and they will give you a route to take such as contacting an attorney or the building department, or whatever department may handle that type of problem.


Respuesta: Si se trata de un típico problema de propietario / inquilino, es posible que desee ponerse en contacto con un abogado o ayuda legal. Si se trata de un problema de seguridad o de salud debe comunicarse con el inspector de edificios de la ciudad. Siempre puede comunicarse también con la Policía de Hermiston y darle una breve descripción de lo que es el problema. La policía de Hermiston le darán una ruta en cómo puede ponerse en contacto con un abogado o con el departamento de construcción, o que  departamento puede manejar ese tipo de problema.


Accessibility Statement - The City of Hermiston is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are currently in the process of upgrading our web site to ensure we meet or exceed the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA and the Web Accessibility Initiative Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite (WAI-ARIA) 1.0 for web content.

For more information on how to report an issue related to the accessibility or how to file a formal Section 504 or ADA (Title II) complaint about the accessibility of any content on our website, please see our full Accessibility Statement.

Anti-Discrimination Policy - It is a policy of the City of Hermiston that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment. For more information, visit the Anti-Discrimination Policy page.